4.24.2012

Pot Dreams

 

It amazes me how expensive planting pots can be.  I was lucky this week to find a stash of simple terra cotta pots at the thrift store for small change, but sometimes I dream of taking it up a notch.  These pots with luxurious colors and rich textures would add a nice pop to my collection.  

On the other side, there is nothing nicer than an old terra cotta pot with the patina of weather and dirt.  I bought some from an older lady on Craigslist a few months back, and their subtle white hue over the peachy clay blends in nicely to the surrounding greenery. 

Clockwise above: one, two, three, four.

2 comments:

Ancient Industries UK said...

Love old pots. Painting on thinned yogurt or milk (buttermilk for purists) really does work for accelerated aging.

AG said...

You know, I have heard of that in relation to encouraging moss to grow. Wonder if it's more successful in moister climates than LA, but it's definitely worth trying. Anything to take the orange sheen off them (could make some sort of self-tanning/LA joke here, but it's too late to think it up).