12.24.2012

Christmas Eve


It's early Christmas Eve, and my cat is resting her head on my arm as I type.  I got up at 7 to hear the live broadcast of Lessons and Carols from King's College, and it was accompanied by the patter of rain outside and the occasional scrub jay squawk.  While my teapot brewed, I lit some candles, turned on the tree, and checked the status of my paper white bulbs on the mantel (happily sprouting).

Later today, we will make some anise candy, prepare for tomorrow's feast, and then head out for some Chinese dumplings.  Tomorrow we celebrate with Grandma Cooper rolls, good coffee, presents, and a walk in the nearby hills before we sit down to Christmas Dinner.  

Wishing you a Christmas of quiet moments and full hearts.


1 comment:

Polly/Mom said...

Lovely. I smiled as I saw the little pipe cleaner and netting angel hanging off a branch. She goes back over 50 years! Peaceful entry.