3.20.2013

RB n R




We had the best meal last week when a special visitor was in town.  Marjory brought with her some freshly ground New Mexico blue corn meal, and I had bought andouille sausage, a ham hock, and some fancy gin in preparation.  It all came together as a rosemary-gin cocktail, gluten-free blue corn bread, and bone fide red beans and rice feast. 


Blue corn bread, ready for the oven.  It was bluer than I could have imagined!  I used this recipe from King Arthur Flour, but substituted gluten-free flour.


The perfect bowl.  Pass the Cochon hot sauce.


Butter lettuce salad fresh from the garden, with flowers from Clementine. 

1 comment:

rox said...

I feel like I keep stumbling into those rosemary gin cocktails around blogs these days...I think I just need to make myself one already!