12.11.2013

Christmas Party Planning



I'm hosting a Christmas Party this weekend, something I've been wanting to do for years.  I can't wait to get the house clean, decorated, and full of good smells.  My parents are coming to town and bringing a home-made traditional English Christmas cake, soaked with lots of brandy, which also serves as a birthday cake for my dad.  I'll serve mulled wine, a sparkling punch, crostini, and most importantly, heaping bowls of red beans and rice with cornbread that we can eat while surrounded by sparkly lights or by the warm fire outside. 

Some of my inspiration for the party below...






Photos:
decorated hearth / garland wrapped doorway
Gramercy Tavern ginger cake / traditional English Christmas cake





2 comments:

Mrs. Teacher said...

Gorgeous! I'm wanting to host a huge Christmas gala...

AG said...

Go for it! Although a gala sounds pretty daunting...
:)