8.05.2012

Sunday Blues



Some Sundays I wake up with the heavy realization that my workweek begins again tomorrow.  The logic that I still have 24 free hours doesn't seem to make much of a difference -- I feel the weight of impending obligations pile up and up.  Sometimes it hits me half-way through Sunday; sometimes it hits me on Saturday.  

I'm working on becoming more mindful of moments as they occur, and not fretting so much about what's to come.  And my work weeks aren't that bad, to be honest.  They're just... work.  Just like everyone else has.

Today I made french toast with sauteed plums that with a cup of tea and my new magazine, made for a very enjoyable brunch - blues nearly obliterated by the time my plate was empty.  It's still Sunday now as I write this, procrastinating homework and contemplating a glass of wine, and I have managed to keep the present in mind and let tomorrow worry about itself.   We'll see how it goes next weekend.

2 comments:

Polly/Mom said...

I see that special silverware!

AG said...

Yes, it brightens my every meal :)