12.17.2012

Paper white presents



It's the last week of work before Christmas.  A few weeks ago I prepared some vintage pots with paper white bulbs and pebbles, and set them aside for later.  Now there are little green shoots emerging, and they are ready to be passed out to my coworkers so they can enjoy the intoxicating white blooms in the New Year.

I am regretting not doing something as simple as the yogurt jars above -- the roots are almost as pretty as the flowers themselves.  I'll be tucking that idea away for next year.

Top photo from Frolic.  
Bottom photo from Ted and Debbie.

3 comments:

Polly/Mom said...

I loved doing these in WI during those cold months. Enjoy a whiff for me!

Ancient Industries UK said...

You can NOT give away those bowls!

AG said...

You are right, if those had been mine, I would not! Alas, it's a borrowed photo.