12.14.2012

Winter Wreaths


I am always late to decorate for Christmas, and am just starting to think about what to do this year.  Wreaths are an important component of my holiday.  There have been some lovelies this year, wild and gnarly and dripping with greens like the one above by Amy Merrick.  Here are a few others for inspiration:


Big beautiful wreath made by my very talented Uncle Pete (aka Robie) in Maryland.



 The two above are from Saipua, from whom I would expect nothing less than extraordinary. 


And the classic LL Bean wreath that magically appears on our doorstep every December (thanks Jean).  It smells like heaven and Maine, and is a warm welcome hanging on our screen door. 

1 comment:

Polly/Mom said...

I love the natural look, and I miss my aromatic LL Bean wreath. I did find a circle of greens here in Lima that I have on my table. It just needs that pine aroma added!