4.12.2013

Time off



via
I used to hate people who lamented that there's just not enough time in the day.  I thought, what are you doing that is so important it cannot wait until tomorrow?

Now I am that person.  Between school, work, and life, I cannot seem to keep on top of things.  Last night as I drove home from class at 10:30, stuck in downtown traffic, I was debating whether or not I should go to Kinkos then, or get up and go before work, to make scans of my projects.

I am applying for a small scholarship, but despite its size, it's the first time I've had to put together a portfolio, write an essay about why I want to be a landscape architect, and gather letters.  I thought, no big deal, but when I sat down to get it all together, I panicked.  I'd never put into words how important greenspace is to me, or how I want to build wildlife habitats for people who've never held a caterpillar.  The process has given me some clarity, and some confidence in my goals.  I'm still working on the time management side of things.

Then I remembered that I have the world's best husband, and put in a request for his assistance.   The sweet man that he is, S. agreed to drive it down to Torrance for me on Monday so I didn't have to rush to meet today's FedEx deadline.

Being busy is good, but I miss those days when I could come home from work and do nothing.  My version of doing nothing involves a snack, maybe a cocktail, a stack of catalogs, and a place outside to sit.  Any of the grand esacpes below will do.  
 
via

via


via

via


2 comments:

Emily Claire said...

Ah, I would love to jump into each of these photos! What a delightful blog you have. It is so nice to see someone appreciate nature. :)

AG said...

Thank you!